Why is Spine Surgery required?
Back pain is one of the most common health problems prevalent among a large number of people around the world.
Probably the most common causes of back pain are Continuously sitting for long hours, lack of exercise and unhealthy working habits. Typically, back pain treated with simple medications or exercises. It is only when all this fails and quality of life is severely affected that the doctors recommend it to treat severe and prolonged back pain condition.
Usually, doctors recommend surgery as a treatment option for spinal problems after several months of all other treatment. Which fail to provide any relief to the patient’s back problem. Above all, there are different kinds of spinal surgeries that the doctors may recommend after thoroughly assessing your health condition.
Common types of spine surgery
- This type of surgical procedure involves removing the tissues that compress the nerves in the back. During the surgery process, the surgeons remove parts of the bone that constricts the nerves in the spinal column. As stability of the spine is sometimes affected, a procedure called spinal fusion is also done.
- Most Noteworthy, This of the most widely recommended type for spinal conditions caused by spondylolisthesis and stenosis. The surgery involves removing parts of the backbone, to relieve pressure on the spinal nerves. The surgery is usually performed in combination with spine fusion surgery when the instability of the spine is suspected.
- Spinal disc replacement
- Although this surgical procedure is not very common, it is applied as one of the new surgical treatments for back pain. Hence, An artificial disc is used to replace the damaged spinal disc, which is present between the vertebrae. Even more, This surgery permits continued spine mobility and complete without spine fusion.
- Spine Fusion
- This surgery involves joining two vertebrae together to increase spine stability. Consequently, This results in restricted movements and limits stretching of nerves.
- It uses to treat the herniated disc in the vertebrae. A disc separates two vertebrae and if it herniates inwards it presses on the spinal nerves causing pain. Finally, In a discectomy, all or part of the disc removed.
What Are the Benefits of spine surgery?
- Often, the result is more than just a drop in pain. You may find:
- First of all, You can move around better.
- Consequently, You’re more physically fit.
- Your mood improves.
- You don’t need to take as much pain medicine.
- You can go back to work.
- Finally, You’re more productive at work.